Please refer to the compatibility list on the AKiTiO website before purchasing this product.
The Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion box provides an additional PCIe slot for Thunderbolt 3 computers (e.g. laptop computers) where installing an internal expansion card is not an option and for systems where there is not enough space for more PCIe cards. The Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) connection not only makes adding an external PCIe card easy but it also allows you to take the device with you to use on location and move it from one system to another. Installing and replacing the PCIe card is a simple matter of removing a few thumb screws and does not require any tools.
- Thunderbolt 3 for lighting fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps
- Dedicated DisplayPort for additional monitor to expand the workspace
- 2nd Thunderbolt port supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, and DisplayPort devices
- 1 PCIe (x16) slot supporting half-length, full-height, double-width cards
- 4 lane PCI Express 3.0 compliant interface
- Removable back panel for double-width cards
- Daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices
- Durable and rugged aluminum casing
- No tools required for installation
4 Lane PCI Express 3.0 Compliant Interface - Supports PCIe Gen3 x4 cards
The PCIe (x16) slot accepts half-length, full-height, double-width cards and provides a maximum of 25W. The four PCIe Gen3 lanes and the Thunderbolt 3 interface are capable of transfer rates up to 40Gbps, providing enough bandwidth for both the internal PCIe card as well as any additional Thunderbolt devices in the daisy chain.
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one computer port connects to Thunderbolt devices, every display, and billions of USB devices. A single cable now provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power to bus-powered devices.
The AKiTiO Thunder3 PCIe Box has two Thunderbolt 3 ports. The second port operates the same as a Thunderbolt 3 computer port by supporting Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy-chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
The dedicated DisplayPort connector makes it easy to connect an additional monitor to extend your workspace. This video output capability requires a Thunderbolt 3 connection to the computer and will free up the second Thunderbolt 3 port for Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy-chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
Certifications: CE, FCC, VCCI, Thunderbolt technology
Warranty: 2-year limited warranty
Case material: High quality aluminum with metal chassis
Fan noise level: 23 dB(A)
Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.17" x 5.87" x 2.99" / 23.3 cm x 14.9 cm x 7.6 cm
RAID mode: Not applicable
1 x PCIe card (see the compatibility chart on the AKiTiO website)
Supports half-length, full-height and double-width cards
PCIe (x16) slot provides a maximum of 25W
Not designed for graphics cards
2 x Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) ports
1 x DisplayPort 1.1
1 x internal PCIe (x16) slot with 4 lane PCI Express 3.0 interface
Thunderbolt 3 up to 40 Gbps
DisplayPort 1.1a (4K at 60 Hz)
Operating Temperature: 5°C ~ 35°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 60°C
Relative Humidity: 5% ~ 95% (non-condensing)
External power adapter (UL, cUL, CE, FCC, BSMI, TUV approved)
Input: AC 100-240V, 50Hz-60Hz
Output: DC +12V/6A
- Windows 7 and later
- Computer with Thunderbolt 3 port
- Mac: Not supported
AKiTiO Thunder3 PCIe Box
Thunderbolt 3 USB-C cable
- This Thunderbolt product is not compatible with Mac OS X or Apple's Boot Camp.
- PCIe card (driver) must be compatible with requirements for Thunderbolt technology (e.g. hot-plug support, recovery from sleep).
- This device is not designed for graphics cards.
Model no.: T3PB-T3DIS-AKTU